- 1969 TripStops Grandpa Roy made on his trip to attend Czech language school at the Presidio of Monterey, California.
- Grand CanyonSouth rim.
- Walnut CanyonKnown for its many cliff dwellings.
- 1989 TripGrandpa Roy was in Arizona a couple weeks for a business trip and got some photos while he was there.
- Scenes Along the Highway to the…Grandpa Roy took photos as he drove to the Pima Air Museum.
- 2000 TripThis trip was only to Arizona. Grandpa flew out to join Grandma after her business trip.
- Canyon Helicopter FlightThis flight was made during the trip in 2000 to the South Rim.
- Davis-Mothan Air Force Base
- Bone YardThe 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. The aircraft may be seen only by bus caught at the Pima Air Museum.…
- Davis-Monthan AFBNorth Gate exhibit, NOT the Bone Yard. These aircraft may be viewed by appointment only or with a valid military ID card. Visited in August 1989. Opens in new…
- Grand Canyon South RimThe trip to the South Rim of the Grand Canyon was in 2000.
- Luke AFB Air ParkVisited in August or September 1989.
Opens in new tab.
- Sedona, Bell Rock and the VortexThe Sedona visit was in 2000.
- Sonora DesertYour grandparents hiked the Sonora Desert in 2000.
- Tombstone 2000Your grandparents have been to Tombstone twice. The first trip was in 2000.
- 2014 TripGrandma Bert and Grandpa Roy visited Arizona during their long road trip.
- BensonBenson was a small, southern Arizona town where your grandparents stayed for 3 nights as they visited Grandma Bert's sister, 2 air museums and the…
- Casa Grande National Monument
20 May 2014.
- Desert MuseumThe Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum was a large state-owned park and museum where your grandparents spent half a day hiking in the desert and looking at exhibits…
- TrailsTrails at the museum included long walks through the desert.
- SculpturesAs with other zoos and parks, there were a number of brass sculptures of wildlife native to Arizona on display throughout the museum.
- Grand Canyon North RimYour grandfather actually felt the view from the north room is more beautiful, but he cannot really explain why.
23 May 2014
- Grandma Bert's SisterGreat Aunt Mary is your grandmother's youngest sister.
17, 18 May 2014
- Heritage Park ZooYour grandparents visited this small zoo in Prescott, Arizona
21 May 2014
- Highway Scenes 2014Grandma did the photography while Grandpa drove.
Approximately 17-22 May 2014.
- Meteor CraterAnother unplanned stop
25 May 2014
- Montezuma Castle National…
21 May 2014
- Painted DesertThe Painted Desert is vast, covering much of northeastern Arizona. This album is in two parts: what your grandparents saw during their drive to Utah and the…
- Western Painted DesertGrandma Bert took all of these photos from the car.
22 May 2014
- Eastern Painted Desert
26 May 2014
- Petrified ForestThe Petrified Forest National Park looks like a place where someone has cut down all of the large trees; however, on closer examination it turns out every one…
- Visitor CenterIn addition to the many specimens outside the visitor center, there were a few very interesting exhibits inside.
- Crystal ForestOnce most of the chunks of petrified forest in the Crystal Forest were filled with beautiful natural crystals from the petrification process, but earlier…
- Agate BridgeThe Agate Bridge is a petrified log beneath which rains and floods washed out the sand over a very long period of time to create a gully beneath it.
- Newspaper Rock PetroglyphsThe petroglyphs were supposedly visible through binoculars set up at the viewing area.
- Puerco PuebloThe Puerco Pueblo area was inhabited from about 1250 to 1380.
- TombstoneYour grandparents' second trip to Tombstone was 18 May, 2014. They had more time and were able to explore the town more.
- BoothillBoothill. The graves here are real, although the markers may be more recent.
- Gunfight at the O.K. CorralReenactment of the gunfight at the OK Corral.
- O.K. Corral MuseumThe O.K. Corral venue was also a museum.
- WickenburgBecause of a fire along the Interstate to Flagstaff, your grandparents were forced to turn around and go through a wonderful little town called Wickenburg 20…
- Wupatki National MonumentWupatki is a large national monument that, among other things, consists of an extinct volcano, the box canyon and Lomaki ruins and the Wupatki main ruins 22 May…
- Box Canyon and Lomaki RuinsWupatki National Monument
The box canyon and Lomaki ruins
- Wupatki National MonumentWupatki National Monument
Most of the photos in this section were taken by Grandma Bert