Rest of World AircraftWorld-wide military, commercial and civilian aircraft. Russian aircraft are not in this album, however.
- AirfieldsMilitary and civilian airfields in the U.S. and abroad. Some fields noted as "civilian" may have military photos because the field doubles as an Air National…
- Airfields, Civilian
- American Civil Airfields
- Antique AirfieldOttuma, Iowa
Visited August 1983
- Bradley, ConnecticuttVisited early summer 1982
- Moore County Airport, North…Photos taken of aircraft approaching, departing or at the Moore County Airport. For fly-ins and shows, however, see…
- New Castle, DelawareVisited June 1980.
- Teton Aviation CenterDriggs, Idaho
Date visited 25 June 2019.
- Wilmington International AirportAircraft flying into and out of Wilmington, North Carolina. Most photos were taken from the Wilmington Riverwalk along the Cape Fear River.
- Foreign Civil Airfields
- Airfields, MilitaryCollections where access is limited to active duty and retired military personnel or special permission is required to visit.
- Air Force Flight Test MuseumEdwards Air Force Base, California
Visted in 1987 and again in 1991
- Andrews Air Force BaseActive duty and retired personnel were able to drive near the flight line and photograph the aircraft. These photos were taken from about 1978 through the…
- Bone YardThe 309th Aerospace Maintenance and Regeneration Group, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base. The aircraft may be seen only by bus caught at the Pima Air Museum Visited…
- Buckley AFB, ColoradoVisited summer 1983.
- Camp Joseph T. Robinson Maneuver…Near Little Rock, Arkansas
Visited 01 June 2014.
- Chanute Technical Training…Chanute Air Force Base, Illinois
Visited August 1983
- Davis-Monthan AFBNorth Gate Exhibit
NOT the Bone Yard.
These aircraft may be viewed by appointment only or with a valid military ID card
Visited in August 1989.
- DC Air National GuardDistrict of Columbia Air National Guard, located at one end of the massive Andrews Air Force Base (today, Joint Base Andrews). I have chosen to place photos…
- Dyess Air Force BaseDyess Air Force Base, Texas, near Abilene To visit, see https://www.dyess.af.mil/Library/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/267573/dyess-air-park Visited 13 May 2014.
- Hancock Field, New YorkVisited some time in 1977.
- Kelly AFBSomeone gave me these photos which were taken at Kelly AFB, Texas, in spring of 1986. I have never been to Kelly.
- Lipetsk Airfield, RussiaVisited in the early 1990s.
- Luke AFB Air ParkVisited in August or September 1989.
- MARTD Andrews AFBMarine Air Reserve Training Detachment (MARTD), Andrews Air Force Base.
- Maxwell Air Force BaseAlabama
Visited 23 May 2018.
- Minnesota Air National Guard…St. Paul, Minnesota
Date visited, 14 June 2019.
- Naval Air Facility WashingtonLocated on the far side of Andrews Air Force Base, the Naval side of the airfield provided escorted visits each Saturday afternoon of transient aircraft on the…
- Naval Air Station MeridianLocated outside Meridian, Mississippi
Date visited 12 May 2018
- Palmdale, CaliforniaLocation of plants where military aircraft are constructed. I was there in the 1980s.
- Patuxent River Naval Air Test…Several occasions to photograph aircraft around the base in the 1980s.
- Pittsburgh International…The photos were taken while taxiing past the Air National Guard facility at the airport.
- RAF AlconburyI was able to get on a list of photographers and the press to notify when something unusual showed up at Alconbury. These photographs are from those visits. The…
- Unknown USAF BasesMiscellaneous photos I may or may not have taken at various unidentifed airfields.
- Wright-Patterson AFBI was frequently at Wright-Patterson AFB on business during the 1980s. I would obtain a flight-line pass in order to photograph transient aircraft and those…
- Youngstown Reserve BaseVisited summer of 1979
- MuseumsOur photos from aviation museums around the world.
- Battleship Memorial ParkMobile, Alabama For non-aircraft photos from this museum, please go to http://www.royfc.com/al/mobile/battleship/index.html Date visited 20 May 2018.
- Moton Field Opens in new tab.Tuskegee Airmen National Historic Site, Tuskegee, Alabama
Visited on 21 May 2015.
- Southern Museum of FlightBirmingham, Alabama. Moving to a new location in the future.
Visited 11 May 2018.
- U.S.Army Aviation MuseumDate visited 22 May 2018
- Airbase Arizona Commemorative…Mesa, Arizona
Visited on 20 May 2014
- Champlin Fighter MuseumMesa, Arizona
A very poorly lit museum that closed in 2003. Collection is now in Seattle.
Visited August 1989
- Pima Air MuseumThree visits.
- 1989Compare these photos of the aircraft displayed with how they looked during the third visit.
Visited August 1989.
- 2000Tucson, Arizona.
Second visit, February 2000.
- 2014Third visit. We took so many photos this trip, both from the tram and while walking around, that it is difficult to remove all the nearly duplicated shots. Date…
- Planes of FameArizona, just south of the Grand Canyon South Rim. Sadly, this museum closed in early 2023. It has been converted to a facility for “return to flight”…
- District of Columbia
- National Air & Space MuseumWashington, D.C.
Only a few of my collection taken at the Smithsonian Institution's National Air and Space Museum.
- National Museum of the United…Visited late 1977 before it became the National Museum of the USN.
- National Museum of Naval…Visited 20 May 2015
- Air Force Missile & Space MuseumLocated at the Headquarters, Eastern Test Range, Patrick Air Force Base, Florida, when I visited there in April 1965. Our second trip was in 1989. In between…
- Army Aviation Heritage…This group of former helicopter pilots and maintenance personnel restores and demonstrates their aircraft around the country. Visited on 24 May 2018.
- Georgia Veterans State ParkCordele, Georgia For non-aircraft photos from the museum, see http://www.royfc.com/ga/veterans/index.html . A new window will open. Dated visited 4 January…
- Marietta Museum of History…Date visited 10 May 2018
- Museum of AviationWarner-Robins, Georgia
Visited 03 January 2015.
- 94th Aero SquadronA restaurant in College Park, Maryland, with some mock-ups, not real aircraft.
Visited 08 March 2008.
- College Park Aviation MuseumA small collection commemorating the airfield that has been in operation longer than any other United States airfield Visited on 08 March 2008.
- Patuxent River Naval Air Test &…Near Lexington Park, Maryland.
Visited 17 October 2009.
- Silver HillPaul Garber facility in Suitland, MD, usually referred to as Silver Hill. Silver Hill is where the aircraft are restored and kept until they can be put on…
- New York
- National Warplane MuseumGeneseo, New York.
Visted sometime before September 2003.
- North Carolina
- Carolinas Aviation MuseumCharlotte, North Carolina Sadly, one of the poorer museums I have visited. The price was outrageous and there were few aircraft. There appeared to be some on…
- North Carolina Aviation Museum…Asheboro, North Carolina.
Many of the aircraft in these photos have been removed from the collection.
- North Carolina Museum of HistoryRaleigh, North Carolina
Visited 17 January 2015.
- Armstrong Air & Space MuseumVisited July 1979
- MAPS Air MuseumVisited 3 June 2022.
- National Museum of the United…Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Dayton, Ohio
Several visits over the past 35 to 40 years
- Walter Soplata CollectionCalled "the junk yard" by locals, Mr. Soplata collected aircraft and placed them around his property, hoping some day to restore them. A glance at the…
- South Carolina
- Hampton Air Power ParkAn outdoor, roadside museum in Hampton, Virginia.
Visited 05 January 2014.
- National Museum of the United…Quantico, Virginia. When I visited originally about 1977 and again in 1986, it was simply called the Marine Corps Air-Ground Museum. The indoor photos are from…
- Shannon Air MuseumThis collection has moved at least two times since these photos were taken in 1977 or 1978. It now is in Fredericksburg, Virginia.
- U.S. Army Transportation MuseumFort Eustis, Virginia.
Visited Autumn of 1985.
- Virginia Air and Space CenterHampton Roads, Virginia.
Visited 5 January 2014.
- Virginia Transportation MuseumAviation display.
Visited 27 October 2022
- EAA Air Adventure MuseumOshkosh, Wisconsin.
Date visited 13 June 2019.
- Auto & Technik MuseumSinsheim, Germany. A true "Man's Museum," it even had a complete display of Stihl chainsaws
Visited August or early September 1995.
- Canadian Warplanes Heritage…Mount Hope, Ontario, Canada.
Visited in or before September 2003 for the second time.
- Central Australian Aviation…Northern Territory, Australia.
Visited about August 1984.
- Central Air Force Museum, Monino…These photos are from various sources, in particular from Rainer Niedree of Germany who provided a large number of Monino slides to me in the mid 1970s.
- Central Museum Moscow of the…Visited on 17 October 2012
- Historic Aircraft MuseumSouthend-on-Sea, Essex. This museum closed March 1983
Visited in summer 1975.
- Imperial War MuseumThe 1974-1977 photos were taken before the Imperial War Museum assumed control of RAF Duxford. Before that it was shared by several different organizations,…
- Imperial War Museum LondonThese photos were taken during the mid-1970s. Many of the London aircraft were moved later to Duxford.
- Mosquito Aircraft MuseumVisited in 1976
- North East Aircraft MuseumThese 1976 photos were taken just as the museum was starting up. The aircraft still had not been moved to their permanent home.
- Royal Air Force Cosford MuseumVisited in 1976.
- Royal Air Force Hendon Museum…London (Hendon), England. The aircraft in the photos from the 1970s, for the most part, are different than those in the 1984 album.
- Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm MuseumYeovilton, England.
Visited July 1976.
- Science MuseumSouth Kensington, London
Visted in 1975 or 1976.
- Shuttleworth CollectionOld Warden, England. For photos during Old Warden flying days, see Shuttleworth Veteran Aeroplane Society in the Shows/Open Houses folder. Visited several times…
- Strathallan Aircraft CollectionSadly, the Strathallan Aircraft Collection closed in 1990. There had been a show 4 days before my visit according to my notes. Research shows it was held on…
- Shows/Open HousesPhotos we have taken at shows both in the U.S. and abroad.
- Andrews Air Force BaseAndrews Air Force Base show were always in May.
- Easton, Maryland6 or 7 October 1984.
- Flying Circus AerodromeBealton, Virginia
Show held late summer 1977
- Forgotten May 1986 ShowI cannot remember where this show was held, but it should have been in Maryland.
- Fort Meade, MarylandThey held an open day one year in the early 1980s. I forget when.
- Harnett County ShowWings over Harnett to show off their new terminal building, but the show was a disaster as they were not prepared for the large crowds Show held 18 October 2014
- Harrisburg, PennsylvaniaShow held September 1991
- Meadville, PennsylvaniaWings of Eagles
A World War II Air Show
Attended 2 July 1988
- Moore County AirportThree free shows, then they began to charge outrageous entry fees.
- 2014 Open HouseOpen House held 6 September 2014.
- 2015 Open HousePoor weather precluded many arrivals. The cars on display are included here, too.
Open House held 12 September 2015
- 2017 Open HouseNot too many aircraft showed up this year. The cars on display are included here, too. Open House held 16 September 2017 . This was the last free show/open…
- Old Rhinebeck (in the Museum…Although nearly all aircraft were viewed in a flying display, Old Rhinebeck is a museum that flies full-scale models and actual restored antique aircraft.
- Reading, Pennsylvania 2003The Reading airshow photos were taken with an old Sony Mavica camera and are not as large and high quality as later photos.
- Sanford-Lee County Airport B-17…Photographed on 21 September 2014, the bomber was in 'Memphis Belle' colors and gave rides at $450.00 a pop.
- Seymour-Johnson Show7 April 2011
- Shaw AFB Show5 May 2012
- Willow Grove AirshowThe Willow Grove airshow photos were taken with an old Sony Mavica camera and are not as large and high quality as later photos.
14 September 2002
- Miscellaneous PhotosMy photos from parks, memorials, VFW halls and so forth where only one or two aircraft are found.