Building 67, the Clock Tower Building, was built in 1880-81 and is the oldest part and centerpiece of the upper post. The clock, which can run for 8 days, is an early Seth Thomas/Hotchkiss #16 and was installed in 1883.
Buildings 17 and 18 housed the foreign language students during World War II. Later they were a VA hosptial. They now are empty and have been renovated with discussions on-going about how to use them at this historic fort.