Today is Friday, March 24, 2017
Today in Russian Aviation History.
- 1869 - Aerodynamic scientist S.A. Chaplygin is born.
- 1908 - Odessa aeroclub is formed.
- 1918 - ”Flight Laboratory” organized at the Moscow airfield. It was a flying department of the design and experimental bureau of the MVTU. (The Bureau chief was N.E. Zhukovskiy).
- 1927 - M.V. Frunze unified machine building plant No. 24 is formed (now the Salyut MMPP).
- 1937 - Test pilot V.I. Loychikov is born.
- 1941 - Plant No. 99 for production of aviation technical equipment is formed.
- 1947 - General Designer of the M.L. Mil’ MVZ (1997-1999) G.A. Sinel’shchikov is born.
- 1949 - First flight of the swept-wing “82" jet bomber (the Tu-22-2), crew led by A.D. Perelet.
- 1951 - V.M. Myasishchev’s OKB-23 if formed.
- 1949 - First flight of A.I. Sukhov's hypersonic (Mach-8...9) model.
- 1960 - First flight of the Tu-124 passenger airplane.
- 1966 - First full profile flight of the Yak-36 VTOL.